Saturday, November 19, 2011

home made beanbags.

I got this idea from Pintrest about two months ago. It's an amazing tool for kids inspiration.
I saw a version of home made sewn bean bags with alphabet letters on them and I was inspired to make them myself but not just the alphabet but numbers also!!
So my friend Amanda is having a baby girl soon and I thought they would be a perfect gift for her. 
I made them to match her nursery theme and gave them to her as a gift at her shower last week. 
I am so excited to share them now that she has her gift already. 

They were pretty easy to make, once I mastered my sewing machine it was quite quick!
The only issue I had was sewing the edges of the rounded numbers, but it's little imperfections that make hand made gifts so personal right?!

I used two fabrics, honey bees and pink polk-a-dots and bright pink felt for the numbers. 
Then I made a co-ordinating bag to not only to keep them altogether in but also to wrap them. 
Yay for saving paper!

I have a couple of friends who have already requested them for their showers/gifts etc! 
So excited to make more once my exams are finished! 



                      




Can't wait to post all the other designs after Christmas!



1 comment:

  1. Awww....you posted about my baby gift! So awesome :) Our little girl is going to love playing with them, thank you!

    ReplyDelete